GI Bill Benefits:
- The Veteran Services office certifies and submits student enrollments to the Veteran Administration using the online VA data entry system VA ONCE. Once submitted, the VA processes the educational benefits and issues payment to the veteran. To avoid any over payments or interruption in benefits the following tips are recommended.
- Always seek academic advising prior to registering for courses.
- Upon registration, submit a copy of your student detail bill to the Veteran Services office.
- Avoid reducing credit hours once the semester has begun.
- Always consult Veteran Services Staff prior to reducing credit hours.
- Report any schedule changes including; adds, drops, withdraws, etc. to the Veteran Services office immediately.
Counseling, Advising and Referrals:
- Veteran can schedule career counseling and advising appointments with the Director of Veteran Services. The office works closely with faculty advisors and academic counselors to assist students in developing their educational and career plans. Veteran Services staff can make referrals to partner agencies in the Greater New Haven area to assist veteran with housing,, employment, disability claims and compensation.
- The Veteran Oasis, located in room N107, is a space designated for veteran students to gather, study, and socialize with fellow veteran students. The Oasis has two computers and a study area. Check the office door for open hours.
Veteran Resource Fairs:
- Veteran Services hosts an annual resource fair on campus. The fair brings in community service providers in variety of areas including;, mental health, disability claims and compensation, housing, employment and other veteran specific services.
Veteran and Armed Forces Club:
- This Student Government Association (SGA) sanctioned club is open to veteran and non-veteran students. The club meets bi-weekly to plan and organize community events and activities. For more information contact the Veteran Services office.
Department of Labor (DOL) Veteran Outpost:
- A DOL Veteran Employment Representative hosts a monthly outpost in the Veteran Services office. The outpost is designed to connect veteran with employment opportunities with companies who have identified hiring vets as a priority.