Three credits for either CSC 101 or CSA 105 are awarded for successful completion of the exam. However, these credits are designated as Transfer credits on the transcript, and thus are not accepted by most other colleges and universities upon transfer.
This exam is administered entirely on the computer. All portions of the exam consist of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in questions. The exam is timed and has a maximum of 2 hours.
1. Download and complete application
2.Pay the Application Fee:
Go to the Business Office (N216) and pay the college fee for the exam ($15). Make sure you save your receipt and have the proof of payment stamped on your application. You will bring this to your exam.
3. Purchase your Testing Code (approximately $20.50):
* Purchase a MyITLab credit by examination student code from the Bookstore or follow these steps to set up an account and purchase a code OR Purchase a code directly form the MyITLab website at the time of the exam using a credit card or PayPal. Step-by-step instructions will be handed out at the time of the exam.
4. Register Online - Reserve a spot using the online registration system
5. Go to the college for the Exam:
Show up for the examination at the scheduled time (bring your MyITLab code (if already purchased) and the stamped Application form with you)
Please take note; students should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the exam for course setup. Students who arrive 15 minutes or more after the scheduled exam time will need to reschedule to take the exam at a later date in the semester.
6. Get your results:
You will get the results of your test on the day of the exam. All results are reported to the Registrar (either pass or fail). A passing score is 70 on the exam.
The credit-by-exam may be taken only once and no re-testing is available.
This exam reflects the full range of material covered in the CSC101 and CSA 105 courses.There are four sections in the test:
The book used in this course is on reserve in the library.
The title of the book is: Introduction to Computers and Software Applications with Microsoft Office 2016, and is a fifth custom edition for Gateway Community College.