Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gateway Library & Learning Commons | 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510
Contact Information - Financial Aid Office
Please direct any questions regarding Financial Aid or the Title IV Authorization to the Financial Aid Office
Financial Aid Information
- Gateway Community College FAFSA School Code: 006981
- Gateway Community College CEEB Code: 3425
Gateway Community College uses the following four types of Financial Aid funds:
- Grants - financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)
- Scholarships - financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)
- Federal Work-Study - a work program through which you earn money to help you pay for school
- Loans - borrowed money for college or career school; you must repay your loans, with interest
Awards may be in any one of these categories or combination of the four. The exact form of the total award will be determined only after careful evaluation of the student’s individual situation. Financial need, academic performance and resources available to the student are all considered.
All financial aid awards are predicated upon available funds and subject to revision by the financial aid office for changes in enrollment status, additional resources, scholarships, and/or lack of completion of necessary information to determine eligibility. Financial aid is disbursed twice per academic year; the first disbursement during the fall semester and the second disbursement during the spring.
Using Financial Aid to Pay for Books
Financial aid students who have enough eligibility can charge books to their account once all of their Financial Aid information is complete. Students may buy books and supplies at the GCC Follett Company bookstore. Student Financial Aid can only be used at the Follett bookstore located in the GCC south building first floor.
To start charging books on your Financial Aid account you will need to bring the following with you when you go to the bookstore:
- A copy of your class schedule
- PICTURE IDENTIFICATION (ID) WILL BE NECESSARY!! THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!