Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gateway Library & Learning Commons | 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510
GCC Library Mission & Vision
Gateway Community College Library supports the mission of the college by making available a wide variety of information
resources relevant to the curriculum and personal enrichment in a safe and welcoming environment. We respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological and cultural needs of a diverse population, providing quality resources and innovative services that support student learning and success. We teach information literacy and guide users in developing and acquiring skills to become independent and lifelong learners.
As a vital partner in the college educational process, Gateway Community College Library & Learning Commons shall
- Be the premier resources center for information for the college by providing a forward looking and dynamic collection that is diverse in scope and form.
- Provide seamless access to resources across all formats using current and emerging technologies
- Promote and encourage a learning environment that is collaborative, flexible and innovative.
- Provide student centered, superior and equitable customer service to all patrons at all times.
- Support professional growth and opportunities of all library staff in order to meet the changing needs of the user community.
GCC Library & Learning Commons Strategic Plan 2015 - 2020