Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gateway Library & Learning Commons | 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510
For Student - Getting Started
To access Rosetta Stone Advantage, enter your Gateway NetID number as a username.
For any questions, please contact your instructor.
For Faculty - Tutorials
- Organizations and Offers - 4 Minutes - This tutorial covers the creation and function of both Administrative and Instructional Groups, as well as how these types of groups function together.
- Instructional and Administrative Groups - 10 Minutes - This tutorial will cover both Administrative and Instructional groups, illustrating the function of the groups, how they function together, and how to create these groups.
- Training Managers - 5 Minutes - This tutorial illustrates how to create and modify Training Manager profiles, which are used to report on learner progress in the Rosetta Stone Advantage program.
- Tracking Portal Reporting - 6 Minutes - This tutorial explores the Tracking Portal and the various reports that Training Managers can use to track learner progress.
- Tutor Profile Creation - 6 Minutes - This tutorial covers how Administrators can create and modify Tutor profiles in Rosetta Stone Advantage. Tutors are able to assign content to learners, message them directly through the Rosetta Stone Advantage solution, and report on learner progress.
- Tutor Portal - 7 Minutes - This video explores how Tutors access and use the various functions of the Tutor Portal.
- Learner Account Creation - 9 Minutes - This tutorial provides instructions for creating learner profiles individually as well as importing multiple learners at once. It also explores how Administrators can modify existing learner profiles.
- Do I need my NetID to access Rosetta Stone? - Yes, you need your NetID number as your username to access this software.
- Can I access Rosetta Stone on my cell phone or iPad? - Yes, you can access Rosetta Stone on your mobile device(s), but first you have to download Rosetta Stone app.
- Can I access Rosetta Stone from off-campus? - Yes, off-campus access is available.
- Can I learn more than one language at a time? - No, at this time you only can learn one language.
- Do I need a special headset with microphone for pronunciation activities? - Yes, you need a headset & microphone with USB jack.
- What do I do if I forget my username or password? - See your instructor for the solution.